PaleoFitness @ ModernPaleo.com
The basic purpose of PaleoFitness is to facilitate communication about fitness from a paleo perspective -- such as workout methods, lifting techniques, pre and post workout nutrition, preventing and healing from injuries, enjoyable sports, and more. Its broader purpose is to help paleo-eaters enjoy productive and enjoyable workouts!
PaleoFitness is not moderated, but members who violate its very basic rules will be subject to moderation, if not unsubscribed.
PaleoFitness is managed by Tammy Perkins. Tammy is a life-long endurance runner, and more recently she has been competing in ultra-endurance events. Being an active CrossFitter helps her take full advantage of Idaho's great outdoors with mountainbiking, hiking, swimming, summit scrambling, alpine and skate-skiing, and snow shoeing. Tammy can be reached at email@example.com.
PaleoFitness was created in September 2011.
To join and post to the PaleoFitness mailing list, you must meet two criteria:
- You must eat and advocate some variant of a paleo diet -- in short, that means eschewing grains, sugars, and modern vegetable oils in favor of high-quality meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables. Neither total agreement with nor perfect adherence to Modern Paleo's principles is required. Newcomers to paleo are welcome.
- You must be interested in paleo approaches to fitness!
If you are confused or doubtful about the subscription criteria, please contact the list manager Tammy Perkins before attempting to subscribe.
Do you wish to join PaleoFitness? To do so, you must request a subscription via this web form.
The PaleoFitness list is managed through Google Groups, so subscribing requires an account with Google. (It's free and easy to create.) In requesting a subscription, you will be asked to confirm that you meet the criteria for membership. You can choose to receive messages as individual e-mails, to receive a daily summary or digest, or to read messages on the web.
After you subscribe, please feel free to post an introduction, including your name, location, your basic workout method, and any other relevant personal information.
The PaleoFitness list has a few basic rules:
- Please be friendly or at least civil in posts to the list and in e-mails to the list manager. Subscribers who behave like asses, such as by insulting or attacking other list members, will be removed from the list.
- Please respect the purpose of the list, namely the discussion of topics related to paleo blogging. PaleoFitness is not for debate about basic paleo principles. Subscribers who prove disruptive, such as by posting on irrelevant topics, will be placed on moderation or removed from the list.
- Please be considerate about what you choose to post to the list. If a message is likely to be of interest to just one or two people -- such as "thank you!" or "good job!" -- please send that privately, rather than to the whole list. You are welcome to announce your own blog posts, podcasts, or other publications, if relevant to the list.
- Please refrain from debate on the list. The common goal of all of Modern Paleo's lists is to serve our real-life values, not to foster ivory-tower or acrimonious debate. If you disagree with opinions expressed on the list, state your own views and give reasons for them. Any back-and-forth arguments, however, should be taken off-list.
If you have any questions about or problems with the list, please e-mail the list's manager Tammy Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.