PaleoParents @ ModernPaleo.com
The basic purpose of PaleoParents is to facilitate communication about paleo as applied to kids and families -- such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, kid-friendly recipes, dining out, supplementation, kids sports, and more. Its broader purpose is to help paleo parents raise healthy and happy kids!
PaleoParents is not moderated, but members who violate its very basic rules will be subject to moderation, if not unsubscribed.
PaleoParents is managed by Kelly Valenzuela. Kelly is happily married to Santiago, lives near Denver, works in financial planning, studies philosophy with Front Range Objectivism, and blogs about immigration at Mother of Exiles. She and Santiago have been eating a paleo diet for a few years, and they are trying to start a family. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaleoParents was created in September 2011.
To join and post to the PaleoParents mailing list, you must meet two criteria:
- You must eat some variant of a paleo diet -- in short, that means eschewing grains, sugars, and modern vegetable oils in favor of high-quality meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables. Neither total agreement with nor perfect adherence to Modern Paleo's principles is required. Newcomers to paleo are welcome.
- You must have children, want to start a family, or otherwise be interested in applying paleo principles to kids.
If you are confused or doubtful about the subscription criteria, please contact the list manager Kelly Valenzuela before attempting to subscribe.
Do you wish to join PaleoParents? To do so, you must request a subscription via this web form.
The PaleoParents list is managed through Google Groups, so subscribing requires an account with Google. (It's free and easy to create.) In requesting a subscription, you will be asked to confirm that you meet the criteria for membership. You can choose to receive messages as individual e-mails, to receive a daily summary or digest, or to read messages on the web.
After you subscribe, please feel free to post an introduction, including your name, location, family status, and any other relevant personal information.
The PaleoParents list has a few basic rules:
- Please be friendly or at least civil in posts to the list and in e-mails to the list manager. Subscribers who behave like asses, such as by insulting or attacking other list members, will be removed from the list.
- Please respect the purpose of the list, namely the discussion of topics related to paleo as applied to families and kids. PaleoCooks is not for debate about basic paleo principles. (For more general discussions of cooking and fitness, use PaleoCooks and PaleoFitness.) Subscribers who prove disruptive, such as by posting on irrelevant topics, will be placed on moderation or removed from the list.
- Please be considerate about what you choose to post to the list. If a message is likely to be of interest to just one or two people -- such as "thank you!" or "good job!" -- please send that privately, rather than to the whole list. You are welcome to announce your own blog posts, podcasts, or other publications, if relevant to the list.
- Please refrain from debate on the list. The common goal of all of Modern Paleo's lists is to serve our real-life values, not to foster ivory-tower or acrimonious debate. If you disagree with opinions expressed on the list, state your own views and give reasons for them. Any back-and-forth arguments, however, should be taken off-list.