PaleoThyroid @ ModernPaleo.com
The basic purpose of PaleoThyroid is to facilitate the sharing of information, resources, and experiences about thyroid problems amongst independent-minded people already eating paleo.
PaleoThyroid is not moderated, but members who violate its very basic rules will be subject to moderation, if not unsubscribed.
PaleoThyroid is managed by Diana Hsieh. Diana Hsieh has been eating paleo since the summer of 2008, and she created Modern Paleo in 2010. She blogs on a variety of topics, philosophic and otherwise, at NoodleFood. She can be reached at email@example.com. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaleoThyroid was created in March 2010.
To join and post to the PaleoThyroid mailing list, you must meet two criteria:
- You must have some form of confirmed thyroid disease or problem.
- You must eat and advocate some variant of a paleo diet -- in short, that means eschewing grains, sugars, and modern vegetable oils in favor of high-quality meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables. Neither total agreement with nor perfect adherence to Modern Paleo's principles is required. Newcomers to paleo are welcome.
If you are confused or doubtful about the subscription criteria, please contact the list manager Diana Hsieh.
Do you wish to join PaleoThyroid? To do so, you must request a subscription via this web form.
The PaleoThyroid list is managed through Google Groups, so subscribing requires an account with Google. (It's free and easy to create.) In requesting a subscription, you will be asked to confirm that you meet the criteria for membership. You can choose to receive messages as individual e-mails, to receive a daily summary or digest, or to read messages on the web.
After you subscribe, please feel free to post an introduction, including your name, location, and any other relevant personal information -- as well as a bit about your background with respect to eating paleo and thyroid disease.
The PaleoThyroid list has a few basic rules:
- Please be friendly or at least civil in posts to the list. Subscribers who behave like asses, such as by insulting or attacking other list members, will be removed from the list.
- Please respect the purpose of the list, namely the discussion of thyroid problems. PaleoThyroid is not for debate about paleo principles: such debate should be conducted on paleo blogs, discussion boards, or in private e-mail. Subscribers who prove disruptive, such as by posting on irrelevant topics, will be placed on moderation or removed from the list.
- Please be considerate about what you choose to post to the list. If a message is likely to be of interest to just one or two people -- such as "thank you!" or "good job!" -- please send that privately, rather than to the whole list. You are welcome to announce your own blog posts, podcasts, or other publications, if relevant to the list.
- Please refrain from debate on the list. The common goal of all of Modern Paleo's lists is to serve our real-life values, not to foster ivory-tower or acrimonious debate. If you disagree with opinions expressed on the list, state your own views and give reasons for them. Any back-and-forth arguments, however, should be taken off-list.