SousVide @ ModernPaleo.com
The basic purpose of SousVide is to facilitate the sharing of information, resources, recipes, and tips related to cooking sous vide.
SousVide is not moderated, but members who violate its very basic rules will be subject to moderation, if not unsubscribed.
SousVide was created in March 2010.
To join the SousVide mailing list as a poster, you must meet just one criteria:
- You must cook sous vide on occasion.
Do you wish to join SousVide? To do so, you must request a subscription via this web form.
The SousVide list is managed through Google Groups, so subscribing requires an account with Google. (It's free and easy to create.) In requesting a subscription, you will be asked to confirm that you meet the criteria for membership. You can choose to receive messages as individual e-mails, to receive a daily summary or digest, or to read messages on the web.
After you subscribe, please feel free to post an introduction, including your name, location, and any other relevant personal information -- as well as a bit about your background with respect to sous vide cooking.
The SousVide list has a few basic rules:
- Please be friendly or at least civil in posts to the list. Subscribers who behave like asses, such as by insulting or attacking other list members, will be removed from the list.
- Please respect the purpose of the list, namely the discussion of sous vide cooking. Subscribers who prove disruptive, such as by posting on irrelevant topics, will be placed on moderation or removed from the list.
- Please be considerate about what you choose to post to the list. If a message is likely to be of interest to just one or two people -- such as "thank you!" or "good job!" -- please send that privately, rather than to the whole list. You are welcome to announce your own blog posts, podcasts, or other publications, if relevant to the list.
- Please refrain from debate on the list. The common goal of all of Modern Paleo's lists is to serve our real-life values, not to foster ivory-tower or acrimonious debate. If you disagree with opinions expressed on the list, state your own views and give reasons for them. Any back-and-forth arguments, however, should be taken off-list.
If you have any questions about or problems with the list, please e-mail the list's manager Shea Levy at email@example.com.